Why Proto-1 Manufacturing?
Are you looking for a career and not just a job? You’ve come to the right place. At Proto-1 we manufacture original equipment for the tube and pipe industry. We believe that continuous improvement leads to great products, and great products lead to growth. Our number one goal is helping our customers to succeed by giving them a competitive advantage with our custom tube deburring, end-forming and cutoff machines.
If you are a self-starter, enjoy collaborating with others, and have a passion for making a difference—you belong here! We invest in our employees just like we do in advanced technology. Your experience and ingenuity will be rewarded.
Check out the rest of our website and our YouTube channel to see some of the innovative and exciting work that you can be a part of every day.
Join our team! Click on one of the following openings to see details!
Job Title: CNC Machinist
Standard Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 6:30 am to 3 pm | Flexible Hours Available | Minimum forty hour work week
Reports to: Machine Shop Lead
Under general direction from the Machine Shop Lead, manufacture parts using different types of machines/tools in a large machine shop; works with various types and sizes of material according to specifications based on drawings, work standards, and Proto-1 quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing highly skilled and high-precision machine and bench work as required, utilizing both manual and CNC lathes & milling machines.
- Work from and in accordance with specifications and design criteria including but not limited to verbal instructions, shop orders, and drawings; performs standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, as well as speeds and feeds of machining. Ensure drawings match order requests.
- Responsible for safe operation of equipment and make sure preventative maintenance items have been performed on the equipment to be used
- Work with maintenance to perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Complete a Maintenance Request Form when necessary and advise immediate supervisor of any immediate problems
- Monitors the quality of the material produced.
- Check the first piece ran on each order and periodically throughout larger runs.
- Notify the shop manager of any problems in manufacturing the product
- Accurately complete necessary paperwork such as Inspection Reports.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations including:
- Notifies immediate supervisor of any unsafe conditions in the workplace
- Safety glasses
- Ear plugs (if required)
- Steel toe shoes
- Practice good housekeeping habits
- Follow procedural guidelines in all areas of operation
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two years of machine shop experience.
- Basic knowledge of machine shop equipment and processes used in a manufacturing environment.
- Read and interpret shop drawings
- Demonstrates basic math skills with use of a calculator.
- Required to use and read a tape measure, micrometer, caliper, and other various measuring equipment.
- Considerable experience in mechanical trouble shooting.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and complete tasks independently
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with staff.
- High degree of personal initiative
- Resourceful, accurate, and highly organized with an attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and balance multiple tasks
- Must be flexible, able to adjust schedule, and pitch-in as needed
- Must be able to work overtime
- Valid Driver’s License
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to plant and office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.Apply